Are you looking for a way to help your local homeless charity but not really sure where to get started? Have a look below for some inspiration and if you still can’t find what you are looking for, please drop us a message email@example.com or give us a call on 01245 281104.
The most successful fundraising activities and events are the ones that the supporter has chosen to do because they have a skill in that area or because they enjoy it. So please make sure you feel it is manageable, fun and achieves your goals too! Here’s some ideas to get you started:
- Dress down day at work or school
- Quiz/games evening
- Cake Bake
- Car wash day
- Fashion show
- Sporting event
- Cards evening
- CHESS Night
- Dinner Party
Keep it safe and legal
- When you organise your own fundraising event in aid of CHESS, you are responsible for making sure it does not pose any risks to others. That is why we would recommend you do a risk assessment.
- You may need to consider taking out public liability insurance for events such as sponsored walks or runs, which will protect you against claims made by third parties. In most cases it is unlikely that CHESS’s own insurance policy will cover an event that you have organised. Please check if you are unsure.
- For more information, visit theInstitute of Fundraising.
- If you are planning a fundraising event for children, please also visit theInstitute of Fundraising.
If you organise a raffle and tickets are sold and drawn on the same day there are no legal requirements. However, if you sell prior to the date you will need a local license. For more information take a look at gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
After your event or challenge
We would love to hear how your event or challenge went and we would especially love to see any pictures! Make sure you let us know on Facebook and send photos through to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to let everyone know how it went, what you raised, and thank those who helped and supported you.